Sunday, January 05, 2014

Flourish & Thrive Academy Laying the Foundation Volume 1

A letter to my 13 year old step-daughter, 2 year old natural-born daughter, and son-to-be:

Since you all came into my life, I have wanted to be a role model for you. I have wanted to show you how to live authentically, to be yourself and to follow your bliss. I have watched you grow, and felt you grow, and wondered to myself, can they see that I don't feel complete? That I am still striving to live authentically, while I struggle through my day job and try half-heartedly to follow my dreams by night?

Well, my darlings, it is time. It is time for me to step into the light and commit to following my bliss, so that you can proudly say you have a Mama who is doing what she loves, and making a living from it.

An opportunity has arisen with a wonderful team of teachers, called Flourish & Thrive Academy. They are offering a scholarship to their transformational course "Laying the Foundation" and I believe it is just what I need to take my jewellery business to the next level. It seems as though taking this course would help take me from a part time designer, who sells some of her work through Etsy and a few private shows each year, to a full time business woman who is creating custom jewellery for well-paying clients all over the world. A woman who is no longer held back by her part-time jobs or her tiny budget, but is able to get the highest quality stones from the best suppliers. A woman whose jewellery sells not only for its incredible beauty and uniqueness, but also for its healing qualities, so that she can be true to the name she chose for her business, almost 10 years ago: Intuitive Jewellery Designs.

Being true to yourself, following your bliss, living authentically. These are the qualities I want you to see and admire in me, so that one day you will also have the strength and conviction to do these things in your lives. This is what I want for you, my loves.

All my love,
Glynis/Mama

2 comments:

  1. It is a great website.. The Design looks very good.. Keep working like that!.
    Designer Jewellery in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:53 PM

    You made a wedding ring set for us in late 2005 and finished and mailed them to us (in boston) in February 2006. I wish you had posted a photo of them on your blog. Anyway, they are still going strong and we still love them. Thank you. What other work can you do with gold and rings? vonhelmick@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete